History of Holy Rosary School White Hills
Holy Rosary School began in 1918, housed in the same weatherboard building that served as the church on Sundays. In 1920, the Mercy sisters began their sixty-year association with Holy Rosary, the two Sisters travelling out to White Hills from St Killian's in a horse-drawn cab, each day. Enrolments grew steadily after the Second World War as the White Hills area expanded.
In 1957, the Parish of Our Lady of the Rosary was instituted and three new brick classrooms were erected along Napier Street to accommodate the increasing numbers of students and teaching staff. Like many other Catholic schools of this time, Holy Rosary offered classes from Grades one to eight (Merit Certificate) and class sizes were quite large by current standards.
Since then the school has continued to grow, new facilities have been built and older buildings refurbished in order to meet current teaching and learning needs.